VASOMEDICAL MC-2 SYSTEM is the first generation ol EECP® devices introduced by Vasomedical Inc. The MC-2 was one of the most successful models of the EECP therapy devices from Vasomedical because it is reliable and relatively easy to service and repair. The MC-2 is known for having a strong squeeze and delivering effective therapy. This model is an analog system with a limited user-interface, however its performance quality is on par with that of the second and third generation Vasomedical systems.
1) Smallest footprint - easy to install even in a very space-challenged medical office.
2) Lowest price among all EECP units
3) Easy to transport from office to office
4) Highest ROI due to low acquisition cost, lower service cost and same treatment effectiveness as more expensive later models.
5) Multiple service options through various biomedical engineering services providers: these machines are still quite popular; multiple technicians are familiar with them and know how to service /repair them.
6) Comfortable cuffs interchangeable with second and third generation models.
1) Lowest patient comfort due to lack of regulation of pressure delivered to the cuffs during irregular hearbeat presence. This is not a deterring factor, but some cardilogists refer to it as "the slamming effect".
2) Analog interface with manual controls. No digital integration options. 8 second output strip requires manual input into EMR. Manual calculations by the therapist are needed based on the ECG and pleth outputs.
3) Higher noise level than second and third generation units
4) Expensive service contract if purchsed from the manufacturer.